TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 4.6 tranny keeps hitting rev limiter and takes a second to shift.
tried adjusting the tv cable nothing has changed was wondering if any one had same problem or new of any way to fix it

car is stock only mod so far is 180 tstat and cut of the res back
im doing 0-60 in 7.14 i no it is faster it just takes for ever to shift

mike

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
If they put the original style Roller OWC back in it vice the Mechanical Diode OWC it would'nt matter if it was Rebuilt last week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have a clue what that means i had a guy tell me its just a sensor and its like 100 bucks to fix it and one guy didnt even put it on a lift and said it needs a rebuild so idk really

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
i dont have a clue what that means i had a guy tell me its just a sensor and its like 100 bucks to fix it and one guy didnt even put it on a lift and said it needs a rebuild so idk really
You didn't mention which gear is slipping; 1-2, 2-3, or 3-4? Is this at wot? what rpm does it start shifting?

The way to find out what's wrong is to drop the pan and look at what's in the pan.

If there's no chunks of metal, you change the fluid, check the accumulator pistons (old style 1-2 sux), make sure the mlps is adjusted correctly, and try again. :)

But, I bet there's chunks of metal stuck to the magnet. The breakage above puts stuff everywhere; At that point, You need a tranny rebuild, new TC, and the cooler flushed really well. (You can't get all the crap out of the tc; some replace the cooler and lines as well. I'm not that extreme.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts