TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright time to do my 12,00 maintence on my tranny. have a couple of questions? how many qts get put back into the tranny? and what type of tranny fluid should i use? and what type of filte should i get if there is any better? thanks

Rigel

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
:gotsearch do a search next time 13-14 quarts of mercon V oem filter for replacement make sure you drain the TC too you dont wanna mix fluids

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know about searches but i like to have convosations but thanks \

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
alright time to do my 12,00 maintence on my tranny. have a couple of questions? how many qts get put back into the tranny? and what type of tranny fluid should i use? and what type of filte should i get if there is any better? thanks

Rigel
Start checking at 11 qts, use only mercon V.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man do i really have to drain the torque converter ?? how the hell do you do that

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
get under the car, just foward of the transmission pan is a black rubber grommet, pop it off, you will see the TC. Have someone with a breaker bar turn the motor at the crank till you see the 'vertor plug..

Also, get a new filter for the transmission, just tell the parts douche its a for a 'stang(you did get a stang transmission put in right?)

Also, do you have a cooler?

there are some specifics in the tech articles

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html

joseph

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:( no stang tranny yet still got the exisiting tranny rebuilt with tranny cooler shift kit still intrying to find a newer tranny for cheap cant find one and dont know how hard to do that s**t on my own,so ....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea would my markIIV converter have a plug

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
yea would my markIIV converter have a plug

hmm...dont know right off hand, i think some of the Ford ones sold as rebuilds were thrifted and didnt have a plug. If Bart ever decides to call you back, maybe you could have him drill and tap it for a plug if there isnt one.

joseph

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm classifying bart as a magician 1 day hes there and were talking about what we can do and when we going to moroso, and i tell him ill stop by tomorow to pick up some parts from you. and poof i wont see him for a week or 2. so whenever i get ahold of bart ill have to strap his a$$ to a seat and raid his shop

1 - 11 of 11 Posts