TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, it's been a while, but I'm back on tccoa... and with a problem too LOL

When accelerating, the car feels like it is grinding or bumping. It does it through the shifts as well. No noise that I can hear though. It seems to be doing this no matter how I accelerate - easy/slow or when I punch it to pass someone. It seems to lose some hp as well during this. It's worse on hills and the steering wheel vibrates slightly as well. Also when at a light during idle, the rpm's drop and rise...like its going to cut off, but it never does.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No...but I'll pay closer attention to that next time I drive it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Give a more descriptive description of your bumping and grinding. That could literally be anything. Try to locate this origin of the bumping and grinding sensation...

·
Registered
663 Posts
That being said first thing I would look at would be plugs and wires, because you said it seems to have less power it would point me towards the engine but still that's a real vague description

*So now I can't edit posts on the blackberry -.- wtf?

·
Registered
59 Posts
it might be a clogged catylitic converter my girlfriends 1999 chevy truck is having that problem right now and its bc of a clogged converter if u have a welder just pull it off and clean it out then weld it back on its illeal but its the cheaper way to do it but i would get it looked at to see if thats the problem b4 doing that

·
Registered
369 Posts
surges in idle and no check engine light? Thats weird, but as far as ride quality jack up each tire and move up/down left/right. up/down play is wheel bearings left/right is a steering components or bushings. While you are there also check your ball joints.

Not to mention that vibrations that occur during idle could be tranny mounts and vibrations while driving could be motor mounts.

Also check your u-joints.

rough idling could be vacuum leaks, maf, iac, egr, tps or clogged cat. Also check them wires and plugs.

Once again weird with no CEL on.

Like the guy said it could be anything. Take specific notes of how and when it happens to narrow it down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts