TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i've had "trouble" w/ my tranny ever since i got a chip, but it also was acting semi weird before the chip. When im braking to a stop, when the tranny naturally shifts into 1st down at very low speeds, it make a "jerk". But when i hold it in manual 2, it does not jerk. Is this the 1-2spring or accumulator? The other night it also seemed to be slipping in 2nd gear and slamming "into gear". I use mercon v, changed it about 10k ago (if that). Also have a cooler, no jmod though. Should I take the valve body out and inspect/install jmod? I'm still weary about doing it myself. To be honest, the only part i dont want to do is o/d. Also bending the clips on the 2-3 accum. if you have no spring worries me. Thanks

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
it sounds like the chip probably increased the line pressure a bit... i wouldnt worry about it.

the OD part of the j-mod is optional, as is the other servo... you really dont have to do them if you're not sure. The 2-3 thing is nothing, i wouldnt worry about bending them 1/8" or so... youll see if you do the j-mod. how far are you from state college? My car doesnt have a chip, but I've got a J-mod... maybe we should meet up sometime if its not too far.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the chip did increase line pressure but this jerk is HARSH. It clunks pretty hard also. I have the j-mod behind me in my room. Dont know if i should put it in if the tranny is messed up. It's not that im not sure how to do it, I read it 5000 times. It's just that it seems like the majority of the ppl who do the o/d servo end up doing it wrong. im about 45mins south of pittsburgh so state college is ~4hrs away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts