TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I resently discovered that the place I bought my car from installed a shift kit. My 95 lx kicks so hard when it shifts. But my brother has a 94 Lx that shifts like my grand mas caddy. How can I figure out what shift kit is in it? By the way i am not complaining about the kit. Just some say that the wrong kit can distroy your tranny!

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Sounds like a Trans-go. This is only a guess, as the only other popular one was the B&M shift improver kit. Trans-go is all right, but I have heard it can destroy your transmission. I don't know if it is reverisible due to drilling into the vavle body, and removing one of the check balls. I put a Trans-go on my 94, but I totaled it the next day..................
--Craig

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can back out of the Transgo if you have all the springs and spool valves from the original, and get an original separator plate. For my AODE, the Transgo allowed for 3 levels of shift hardness, and I choose the mildest, which is plenty firm but not a tire chirper.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Deus003 said:
Sounds like a Trans-go. This is only a guess, as the only other popular one was the B&M shift improver kit. Trans-go is all right, but I have heard it can destroy your transmission. I don't know if it is reverisible due to drilling into the vavle body, and removing one of the check balls. I put a Trans-go on my 94, but I totaled it the next day..................
--Craig
You can't just BUY a seperator plate. I suggest finding a trans from a junker. They usually don't want to part them out, so you might have to pay the price for an entire trans.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
ftYou can soften the partial throttle shifts, and have then still firm under full throttle by going to a 2500 RPM converter. This converter will still not be locked up at partial shifts, and soften the shifts. You will also increase your off line acceleration at the same time.
Win-Win

1 - 5 of 5 Posts