TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I posted about a week ago, <a href="http://oldforum.tccoa.com/view.php?site=tccoaforums&bn=tccoaforums_drivetrain&key=1026441080&first=1026740987&last=1025572856">in the old forum</a>, about my tranny slipping/shuddering on the 2-3 shift at normal speeds. Well, I let it set at my friend's house for about 24 hours, and I drove around his Samurai. :D When I came back, I found the slippage to have seemingly cleared up. Okay, it's still there, but it's not nearly as bad as it had been, also I've noticed that it seems to be doing the same thing on the 1-2 shift. It's really just a slight shudder, nothing more. I'm almost certain that I'm overdue for a change of fluid, is it at all possible that this is just a fluid issue?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Very possible

First check the condition and level of your trans fluid (your little user guide tells you how). Is it brownish, smell burnt, or just generally not look like trans fluid? If so, and even if not, replace it with mercon v, unless you have a fox body, then maybe not... But anyway, putting a cooler on there is a must, even more so if your fluid is burnt smelling. Get the 24000 gvw supercooler from b&m. Hopefully this will clear up your problem. If not, well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts