TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been nursing my sick tranny for for far too long... (BTW I moved to Austin :D)

It sticks in first when it's cold. Neutrals out of OD when it's hot. Not to mention the evil TC shudder of doom. Plus todays new death whine... The time has come!

If anyone could point me towards a decent shop or a gue$$timate I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

:D

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
how much money you got?

might be cheaper to pick up a used unit at a boneyard and run that for a while..

they can usually be had for a few hundred

greenleaf in fort worth has a 98 mark trans for $430 w/ 56k on it

capital city auto in austin has one too, but no price listed

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, it kills me... If I had the time, or the place to do it myself i'd be all over it.

I just moved, I live in an apartment. No place or time to do it myself.

I hate the idea of another man touching my car, but I have lil choice at this point.

=(

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i'm sure a local shop can put it in for ya.. they won't warranty the part, but greenleaf usually slaps a 90day on it anyway. all the shop can do is warranty their labor on it

·
Registered
16 Posts
The best i can tell you is; stick to Dallas, Houston and maybe San Antonio for your needs......Austin people are very proud (High :crazy:) of the same service or parts as compared to some of the other places, in my experiences since moving here years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts