TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, don't kick me off the site for asking this, but a guy that works at my place has a -

(wait for it...)

1995 Chevy C1500 P/U, 160k, 350ci, auto (see, that wasn't so bad...)

He was getting shudder at 45mph. I told him that for the age, it is most likely tranny shudder and the first thing to do is have the tranny drained, filter changed and either regular tranny oil (what ever Chebbies drink) and an additive like lucas or get a synthetic tranny oil for the Chevy.

So he did all that (he is not sure what they put in) and now it shudder's at 65mph!

Any ideas? Anything? Common guys, I have no where else to go - you're my last hope!

Regards,

Brad

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
needs a new converter possibly?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well I dont know much about that other brand but I do know when my bird starts to shutter I just need to check my fluid. Doubt that is the problem with his truck. Did he put the right fluid in it?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the input. I spoke with him today and he said it only did it a couple more times and has not done it since. He went on a long trip and did not have it happen even up hill. I think the tranny needed to work the new fluids through the tranny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts