TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got the new engine in my 95 LX it's been running so good. But now, the tranny is doing some weird stuff. Unless you give her, and get the rpm's over 2500 every gear, when it shifts into 2nd it shutters, sometimes it dogs, the "bumps", and in third it shutters. At first I thought it was belt wear on my tires, so I got new ones, but it didn't help. Jay said I should check my tranny fluid and put some lucas oil in, maybe check the U-joints. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Sounds like the infamous TC shudder. What is your fluid like, and when was it last changed? Sounds like time for a full drain (pan and TC) and refill with Mercon V.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Silver, I was going to pull the pan and do a full drain, I just have to find the time to do it now....

·
Registered
121 Posts
hell when i am stoped at a red light for to long or on a up hill i can press the gas and the motor revs up to about 1500 and then it just grabs not sure why i check the lines and all but they are fine maybe i should drain it

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
That's not a good sign. I'd get that checked out soon. It sounds like the seal rings are leaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts