TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the Tranny mod today, accumulators, servos, deep sump pan and drilled separator plate. This was pretty easy, only took a couple hours but we pulled the plug on the TC last night to let it drain. I wanted a real firm shift and with the DOHC motor I figure I am probably pushing 300 hp so I went with that level of the mod. It isn't as severe as some people say, but it may make a difference that I am also using a Mark VIII TC. My lower 1-2 spring that was in the car was broke in 3 pieces, the 1-2 accumulator piston was pretty scarred up from the spring pieces hitting it but the walls of the bore stilled looked pretty good luckily. Due to this, I would recommend that everyone do at least the accumulators and servos as soon as you can since I think this spring is known for breaking. I took a pic of what the piston looked like and will post it next week when the film is developed. Also put on a tranny cooler and put in the Mercon. Everything ran like a champ. Any RPM above about 4000 I get pretty good Chirp from the tires, along with some interesting looks in traffic, these looks may alo be inspired by my stripes and those beautiful sounding flowmasters though too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts