TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i found and 89 sc that needs a new tranny and the one in my 91 3.8 is still good. would i be able to swap my tranny to the 89 SC

·
Registered
466 Posts
ZeroRain said:
so i found and 89 sc that needs a new tranny and the one in my 91 3.8 is still good. would i be able to swap my tranny to the 89 SC

If the sc is auto, then yes, if its a 5 speed, be prepared to do some work. Also the na tranny is weaker than the SC's so it may not last as long if you push it hard. As for will it "fit, and work" yes

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'd suggest a 5.0 tranny if go that route.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Id suggest another SC tranny. they're built better than the 5.0's were. And if you put a 3.8 NA tranny into an sc, after a few fun drives it'll be on its way to death. I dont have as much torque as the sc and my tranny is already dying.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok coolso this will work for me until i can get up the money to get the sc tranny rebuilt. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Will work yes, but only very temporarily

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
If your going to rebuild the tranny on the SC, I wouldn't even bother taking putting the N/A tranny into the SC for the time being. I think it's too much of a hassle. Especially if your 91 is running just fine.

-Andy "Melon"

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my 91 came in contact with a tree and all that is good on it is the motor and tranny. so after i buy this sc i wont have the cash right away to rebuild it and im going to need a car so its my only choice. here are pics of the 91 http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?p=510156#post510156

1 - 8 of 8 Posts