TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I install a Autometer tranny temp gauge and it doesnt seem to be working.... the gauge seems to be wired right? anyone got an ideas?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Where did you install the sender at? If you installed it in the pan then there is a fround. if you installed it in one of the fluid lines...then you will need to run a ground wire from the sendor body to the frame someplace.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I installed my tranny temp. sending unit in the pan drain hole. It is already grounded at this location as "CobraRThunder" mentioned. The other wire that attaches to the sending unit goes to the correct terminal on the guage. It is clearly marked and it states that if you screw it up somehow, you will kill your sending unit. One of the other terminals on the guage is a +12V connection to power the guage. This needs to come from a source of power that is switched on when the ignition is turned on. I can't remember where mine came from, but it's entirely possible that my 12V power came from the terminal block in the engine compartment.

The other terminal on the guage is for the guage light. I took my power for this from the the light switch. Can't remember which particular wire, but the effect is that the lights in the guage comes on when the light switch is turned on.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its before the cooler line.. everythin is grounded

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
if you installed it in one of the fluid lines...then you will need to run a ground wire from the sendor body to the frame someplace.
Where exactly on the sender body will this ground wire need to be attached? I'm having a similar issue as KrAzyT, guage moves slightly. I have the AutoMeter manifold attached to the lower tranny line. Should I still run some sort of ground from the sender? Anyone have a picture? Thanks.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts