TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, with the help of some TCCoA'ers, (thanks guys!) I got my fuel rail replaced that had been leaking... We had the throttle body off, and so forth to get the rails out... I know, this doesn't belong here! Oooh, but it does..

Before I put my car in the garage, it worked fine... shifted good, and seemed to have no problems... even on the really cold days it seemed to hold up really well.

I pulled the car outta the garage after the swap and now it takes a lot of work to get it to shift from first to second... I could easily hit 4-5k rpms before trying to feather the throttle, and then it'll shift... then it appears to shift fairly good after that.... Also, when you want to really accelerate, there is no kickdown anymore... Not at any time, no matter the gear... she just won't kick!

Now, it appears that we hooked up everything as it should be, and I don't think we messed with anything even close to the tranny....

What should I be lookin' at? might we have nudged something on the top that might cause this? I know on the older AOD's, the TV cable would control some of the shifting and shift points... but my AODE (4something... yea I know it's one of those, just don't remember the sequence... 4R70W? 4W70R? whatever) shouldn't have that, right?

It's a daily driver, and I'm sure I'm kinda botherin' people with my "gotta get it fixed" mentality at the moment... It's one worry I DON'T need right now... I hate it when work kicks my ***...

Thanks.
Rich

·
Registered
456 Posts
TPS=throttle position sensor...near the throttle body(ummm, intake). Thats my first guess too. The TPS (again, "throttle position sensor") communicates with the ECU(computer) telling the computer where your right foot is, so the tranny/motor know what to do. If the tranny has no idea where your right foot is on the throttle, it can/will not perform properly.

double-check ALL your work...but I suspect your problem is simply something you "nudged".

it isnt the end of the world...it just seems that way.

Any of you SOHC boys have a pic of the TPS and its location, to help this fella out? Seems he might not know where it is, and my DOHC is in a different location, visually speaking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throttle position sensor... Gotcha... Abbreviations with all these parts just confuse the heck outta me. :)

Well, we did take the throttle body off, so it's possible.. I dunno... If it was outta wack, I wouldn't know where it'd need to go to be "in wack"...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts