TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just wondering about something. My tranny has been sorta acting up lately. When shifting from "P" to "D" there is a lot of lag, and it shifts funky sometimes when I'm heavy on the throttle. I was just wondering if this is serious, or nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well

You need to be more specific....But yes I agree do the J-Mod and install all the upgraded Accumulators and springs and Tranny pan...and put some Mercon V and a tranny cooler if you haven't already.

I am in no way saying that this will solve your problem if there is one...it's just a recommendation.........expalin your issue with a little more detail so we can help you out...I suggest posting on the Drive Train Forum.

Beirutsfinest

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Sounds like it COULD be a messed up 1-2 accum spring. Those have been known to break with age and cause REALLY funky shift patterns. The J-Mod will fix that possibility (it calls for you to replace the 1-2 spring).

Have you checked your fluid level too? If the tranny is low on fluid, that can cause really funky shift problems too. I had to run mine about 1.5 qts. low right after I did my J-Mod and it took a long time to ingage when I put it in gear. Lotsa lag between P and R
or
P and D
or even
R and D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts