TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everybody mounting trans coolers at? Is there a general place everyone mounts them on these cars?

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
The particulars depend how big it is, but in general they are installed in front of the condenser. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
What condenser? :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
10,588 Posts
IDK, My radiator took up the space the condenser used to occupy. :)

It's a 3 row aluminum cobra radiator... :cool:

On the PI swap I'm doing, I added the 48k cooler between the steering cooler and the aluminum radiator, and added a flat piece of 20AWG stainless 1/4" open area mesh in front of it to keep road debris out.

We are supposed to have warm weather this weekend; I'll see if I can get pix.

·
Super Moderator
16,984 Posts
What condenser? :tongue:
You have to sense it :tongue:

IDK, My radiator took up the space the condenser used to occupy. :)

It's a 3 row aluminum cobra radiator... :cool:

On the PI swap I'm doing, I added the 48k cooler between the steering cooler and the aluminum radiator, and added a flat piece of 20AWG stainless 1/4" open area mesh in front of it to keep road debris out.

We are supposed to have warm weather this weekend; I'll see if I can get pix.
Aftermarket Cobra Radiator I assume? I have the OEM 03/04 Cobra rad on mine and the condenser fits just fine.

·
The Parts Guy
7,306 Posts
I whipped up a couple brackets and attached mine to the front bumper. These pics are OLD.

I have the OEM 03/04 Cobra rad on mine and the condenser fits just fine.
Ditto. I was actually just contemplating pulling my condenser since I'm not using it currently, but I figured it's less likely to get damaged installed on the car than wherever I'd store it. :)

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Mine is also in front of my condenser, mounted with 3 or 4 plastic zip rods through the condenser.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts