TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a trans cooler and was wondering if any one had some pics of them installed and of how they plumbed it in. Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To further this question should I plumb into the existing tranny lines or bypass the factory cooler altogether?

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
If the car will be driven in a cool/cold climate at all, I'd recommend installing the trans cooler in line with and just after the factory cooler.

Here are some pics of my B&M 28,000 GVW cooler on my 90 XR7. Since it is a warm weather only car, the cooler completely bypasses the factory cooler.

The 24,000 GVW cooler on my 94 LX is routed in line with the factory cooler, since I drive that car year round (and it gets pretty cold here in the winter). I don't have any pictures of that setup, but it's mounted in the same location.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have the 24k# on my Cougar, and I have no heat exchanger in my radiator (Cobra Radiator), but even here in MO when it was in the 30's or below, the trans still lifted the temp needle a little...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the next question is, if I kept the factory heat exchanger in the system, should the should the cooler be mounted before, or after, or does it matter at all?

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
doubleclutch said:
Ok the next question is, if I kept the factory heat exchanger in the system, should the should the cooler be mounted before, or after, or does it matter at all?
racecougar said:
I'd recommend installing the trans cooler in line with and just after the factory cooler.

I'd put the aftermarket trans cooler after the factory cooler.

-Rod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts