TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stayed up last night til about 11 putting in a trans-go shift kit, 'A' OD servo and Motorsport trans pan on the old AOD last night. What a huge improvement! I never imagined an AOD shifting into OD so firm and crisp. The 1-2 shift is usually followed by a nice chirp along with an equivalent 2-3 shift. Just thought I would share my experience with the trans-go kit. Many thanks to 88grandmarq for his help!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not a problem, I had a blast.
Just don't go thinking you're all super fast and stuff now.... still can't beat my car. :D :tongue:

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
did the 'A' servo come with that kit??? I thought of doing the same but then I keep debating on whether I should build up my AOD my putting a shift kit or a manual valve body with a stall converter or just go with a m5r2

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the A servo came from Ford. I had thought about the M5R2 swap, but they are pricey to repair and most of them don't shift fast enough for my liking on the drag strip.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Correct..... the "A" od servo is still available new from Ford. Expect to pay about $80 for the cover, piston and spring. The piston seal is obsolete from Ford, however.
Green's parts sales still has some.

the part numbers are listed on the Baumann website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts