TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out Weswing04's tranny problem, and haven't come up with any clear answers, maybe you guys hold the answer we need.

1. We've replaced all the solenoids, and 2 different valve bodies, so they are not the culprit. The transmission used to have a Trans-Go shiftkit in it, which was replaced by the JMod. New valvebody, seperator plate, etc. etc. Well, after all the troubleshooting in the world, the thing still doesn't like to shift into 1st gear the 1st time, after that it's fine.

2. It was brought to our attention that the Trans-Go kit for AOD's had a modification to the tranny case, maybe a valve or something that slid into the case.

3. Can you guys remember, or look at your instructions, or email them to Wes and myself, to see if anything, and I mean anything, was done to the tranny with the Trans-Go kit that did not involve the valvebody?

I would appreciate any help you guys could give us, this thing is driving both of us crazy, Wes has had the pan off at least 10 times, and I really want to get his car working correctly.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Rich have you checked the trans main harness plug to make sure it is fully seated anf that all the pins are all the way down? When I swapped my trans I had a pin that was not making contact and it stayed in second no matter what

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
do I just follow the wiring to find the main harness plug? It shifts fine.. after the first 1-2 shift. it shifts manually 1-2 just fine. I get an o/d off light blinking after the shift. after the first 1-2 shift after being started...everything works perfectly, so whatever it is, it corrects itself after the first 1-2 shift.

:mad: :2huh:

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If you are getting an OD light there has to be a code in there that should give you a clue. The main harness is on the passenger side of the trans can't miss it but if you didn't remove it I doubt that is the issue

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Wes what he is saying is to make sure the harness that plugs into the trans is fully seated, it's right above the VB on the top part of the trans, on the passenger side, it is where all the wiring plugs into the car.

Any of you guys have the TransGo instructions and can scan in the pages that would be wonderful.

-J

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you've been following the saga, you'll know that all of the troubleshooting has been done. Codes have been read, valvebody has been replaced, solenoids replaced, etc, etc. Just need this info from the Trans-Go instructions so that we can try that before we go to more drastic measures.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. I knwo what you're giong through.
I don't have any instructions as when I had the tranny rebuilt they installed the "professional" shiftkit in it...

I may know someone who has his instructions. I'll ask him today or tonight.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
i have the instructions at home somewhere. i remember that we had to replace an o-ring on a piston (i think). ill have to look when i get home.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike, yours will be different, we need the 4R70W instructions just to be sure.

Aaron, if you can, we'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I say they should email Trans-Go and see if they can send it to them via PDF or something.

-J

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've already emailed them, they said they would send a copy of the installation video for 12.95 S&H, but couldn't email them to me. :mad:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Must have big hands for it to cost 12.95 as a shipping and handling fee. :leftright

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I bet what it is, they do not want you to just get the instructions and do the modifications for "free" basically. Only thing I can guess, I was worried about that.

-J

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Aaron_T said:
Well, he has it somewhere, but has no scanner so he'll have to send it to me for me to scan. Which could take a few days for me to get it.
I've got plenty of time..I'm gonna be gone all next week and working all this week, so if u dont mind waiting and scanning it...that would be great :D

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Mike, yours will be different, we need the 4R70W instructions just to be sure.

Actually, Mike has a 4r70w. His profile is not accurate. He has a 97 sport.

EDIT: Wrong Mike - sorry

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, last I knew he was driving the 3.8????

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Whoops, my Bad !

Wrong Mike;

Got him mixed up with Mike-the-Bike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts