TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i have a few questions ive heard the trans go shift kits are garbage for the 4r70w but my car had one installed when it was re-built (by the previous owner) ive heard about how its torn up trans'within a few thousand miles.I have a problem that occasionally my car with shift into nuetral in the middle of shifts ive only noticed it in the 1-2 shift and i just seems like it shifts odd somtimes like downshifting a gear with little throttle applied.So i was wondering if its possible to replace the valve body and separator plates and just do a j-mod on it.Im sure im missing somthing because im not 100% sure on how the trans go works and what is installed on the trans.but at any rate anything would help.thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,my brother MLPS went out on his car a few months ago and its just not the same kind of problem but i really wouldnt doubt it,but i think i might just replace the valve body then and j-mod it,it seems like people have alot better luck with it than shift kits,thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts