TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha Guys!

I'm about to do the trans mod on my '94 Bird w/3.8 and I just wanted to make sure I have everything I need. Here is the list and if anything is missing, please let me know.

#1. More than enough Merc-V Fluid ( I got 2cases. $50 a case. OUCH!)
#2. Trans pan with deep sump (Also installed drain kit from B&M)
#3. Filter kit from Fram w/pan gasket
#4. Updated 1-2 & 2-3 Accum. piston and cover
#5. Separator gasket (upper and lower)
#6. New spring for 1-2 accum. (got the part # off the tech article)
#7. New updated Torque Converter (#f8az-7902-aarm. BTW this su**er cost me $330. Is this the going price?)
#8. Trans cooler from B&M (24,000)

Also, not related to trans, but I will install new u-joint while I'm at it and will also upgrade the trans mount and crossmember bushing to that of MN12 performance bushing kit.

I hope this is all I need. I am planning to do this next week on my day-off and I hope two-days will be enough time. Any input will be appreciated.

As always, thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Depends on how much you get charged just because of being on the island. Those of us in the 48 can get 12-14 Qts of MercV for about $40, and the TC for about $150+$50 core charge. Where did you get your stuff?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe it or not, I got it from local Ford Dealer. They are known for over-charging the customer but hey, that's the only place I (we) can go and they know it. Suc*ks huh? :bawling:

I paid 330+50 core. And that Merc-V, it was more like 52 a case. On the other hand, we have nice sunny day most of the time, temp is always on upper 80's, nice girls from all over the world, and if it does rain, most of the time it will be just for few hours (we hardly have a day where it rains all day). But as you can see, you WILL pay for it. OUCH!!! :boom:

Is anybody planning to visit my lovely island anytime soon? I might ask for few parts I need............. :D

Toshi

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Should've just called Dan. If you had researched it first you would have found out that for a couple dollars more you could have gotten a better torque converter than that one.
Alan

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Don't forget the shipping to Hawaii. I don't know how much that would cost for the torque converter. That be heavy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, shipping usually kills otherwise decent or even awsome deal. But for the price I paid for the converter, I should've call Dan. Even I pay big buck for shipping, I think it would've come out lot cheaper than I paid........... :bawling:

Well, this time, I kinda needed the part in hurry (I think my converter is going because I get a really bad shudder) and pretty much got everything.

anyway, I hope the list up there have all the parts I need because I'm about to tackle the trans next week on my day-off. Wish me luck guys......... :beek:

Oh, and thanks for all you input. Helps me a lot.

Toshi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts