TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Transmission in my 93 mark viii took a crap so I proceeded to purchase a 2002 mustang gt trans. Performed a mild j-mod, but didnt take the springs out of the accumultors. Put it in repinned the connector for the first few miles the trans would work good in 1st and 2nd but when it would go to 3rd it would act like it didnt know what gear to go to and would rev up like it was in neutral. Driving it some more it ended up having a hard time finding first and 2nd and would require you to rev the engine when putting it in gear to get it to do anything. Reverse works fine though. Any ideas on what the problem is?
 

·
Jack of all trades, Master of none
Joined
·
600 Posts
Just curious, did you change your TCC solenoid and other electronics. When I did my swap, I had similar issues. Found out I was running the wrong TCC and swapped it, then put on a new MLPS and all was well. Just a suggestion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,977 Posts
bobbylx said:
Just curious, did you change your TCC solenoid and other electronics. When I did my swap, I had similar issues. Found out I was running the wrong TCC and swapped it, then put on a new MLPS and all was well. Just a suggestion.
Good advice.
Darrin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything has been swapped to what it has to be all new selenoids threw out put a new 93 mark tcc solenoid in it and a new mlps. reverse works perfect instant engagement. first and 2nd worked good when it first went in but the more it was driven the more it wouldnt want to engage into those gears fromt he start. Then when driving if you put it into drive it would go in a gear after it found it then try and shift and couldnt find a gear at all.
 

·
Jack of all trades, Master of none
Joined
·
600 Posts
Ok, well one more thing to consider. The Shift solenoids. After I got mine working, it drove for a week or so and then started acting up again. My was showing a check engine light, so I ran the codes and shift solenoid 1 & 2 were throwing the codes. Since they are both in one module, I just replaced the shift solenoids and it was fine after that. Again, this is just stuff that happened to me, I am in no way a tranny guru. It's also cheaper than tearing into the tranny.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top