TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and came up with nothing so here it goes....

About a month ago my transmission started making a noise about 30 MPH and then it quit making it after a few days. Well it did it again today and it feels like the tranny was slipping a little bit. Driving back to my house it was stuck on about 3800 RPM's (at 45 MPH) for 1/2-3/4 mile or so. I let off the gas pedal and it stayed at 3800 RPM and stayed the same when I pressed it to the floor....never moved at all. What is wrong with it do you all think? :confused: :confused:

Incase you were wondering all the other gauges are working perfectly when this happened. I need to get an idea of what is wrong so it can be fixed as this is my daily driver.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
96_Cougar said:
Did a search and came up with nothing so here it goes....

About a month ago my transmission started making a noise about 30 MPH and then it quit making it after a few days. Well it did it again today and it feels like the tranny was slipping a little bit. Driving back to my house it was stuck on about 3800 RPM's (at 45 MPH) for 1/2-3/4 mile or so. I let off the gas pedal and it stayed at 3800 RPM and stayed the same when I pressed it to the floor....never moved at all. What is wrong with it do you all think? :confused: :confused:

Incase you were wondering all the other gauges are working perfectly when this happened. I need to get an idea of what is wrong so it can be fixed as this is my daily driver.
Man, I have no idea from the limited info there. Thats just weird.

Darrin

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for trying Darrin :)

Tranny was slipping worse last night and even worse this morning. Hate to say but I think its going to go out on me soon :( :(

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
96_Cougar said:
Thanks for trying Darrin :)

Tranny was slipping worse last night and even worse this morning. Hate to say but I think its going to go out on me soon :( :(
I can remedy that.

Darrin

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tranny died last night at my friend's house....made an awful sound then quit. Guess I better check into one...just thought I should update everyone :( :zdunno: :redmad:

·
Registered
958 Posts
96_Cougar said:
Tranny died last night at my friend's house....made an awful sound then quit. Guess I better check into one...just thought I should update everyone :( :zdunno: :redmad:
thats a shame man!!!! hurry up and get it fixed, that cat is too pretty to let sit!!

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mybird_91 said:
thats a shame man!!!! hurry up and get it fixed, that cat is too pretty to let sit!!

My mechanic said he'd give it a good going over & he's had it since about 11:00 AM yesterday. Hopefully, I'll have it back and fixed today. I can never win....everytime I have money something always comes up :( I'll let you know what he says it is...

Darrin: if he can't figure it out soon then I will give you a call. Thanks....

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its finally fixed. Somehow most of my transmission fluid leaked out since I checked it at the beginning of October. Got a rebuilt tranny (with 28K) and installed since the old one was too messed up. It helps having someone in the family that is a mechanic. :D

Thanks for offering the help Darrin. If anything comes up again you will be getting a call. :D

·
Registered
958 Posts
thats good to hear.......i can always tell when i'm getting low (slips a little at about 1.5 quarts low) thats when i drive to autozone and top her off. i've fixed 1 of the trans cooler lines, just gotta find time to fix the other one.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, glad to have the Cat back on the road. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts