TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my car is slipping in 1st gear because it revs the engine really high(like to the 5) then it catches. Could a trans tune up fix that problem . An also my friend has an95 t-bird 4.6 and her O/D light is blinking what is that a sign of.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'd change your fluid asap. Check the valve body for broken springs (search for jmod).

OD flash info can be found in the search feature.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
The OD light blinking is the tranny's way of telling you it has an "issue"

You have to get the codes scanned to see what it is.

AutoZone usually scans for free, and make sure you write down what the actual code NUMBER is, and not just a quick "he said its my solenoid or whatever"

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
94cougar4.6- If you do end up needing a trans mine will be coming out of my car soon. Shoot me a PM. Oh yeah I'm in Flint.

-Miller

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
94cougar4.6 said:
I think my car is slipping in 1st gear because it revs the engine really high(like to the 5) then it catches. Could a trans tune up fix that problem . An also my friend has an95 t-bird 4.6 and her O/D light is blinking what is that a sign of.
it could be a bad tranny or a problem like low fluid...start from there...check the level after the car is fully warmed up with the enigne running....u dont want a good tranny to go bad from just something dumb like low fluid level

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought that they could only check the check engine light not the tranny . And thanx ill tell her about the o/d light and Miller ill get back to you if i need it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
the o/d light flashing is the same as a CEL but specific to the tranny, sounds to me like your tranny is on its way out, id find a better tranny to get in there, but if its ok it may cost ya less to flush, & put mec v, updated accumultors,j-mod, and a cooler on it and go about your buisness for a good 100k+

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Yeah right, O/D light is flashing, but instead of finding out why, let's just go ahead and replace the transmission.

Makes perfect sense to me.

:thumbsd:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rolling-Thunder do you know where the port is to check the tranny? I know where it is for the engine(under the pass dash).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts