TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I should have done more research...

I swapped a 1993 Mark VIII trans into my 1996 Thunderbird 4.6L and it's not happy. It works fine other than 1st gear, and throws a P0755 Code for a "Shift Solenoid B". I retained the trans harness and PCM that was already in the Thunderbird. Do I need to repin a harness or replaced something internally in the transmission?

Update: Cleared the code and took it for another drive to see what it does... 1st gears works flawlessly now, 2nd felt good, until it went to shift to 3rd. It threw the same code, and then 1st was back to having issues again. The downshift from 3rd to 2nd seems odd when the code is on also, otherwise 3rd and 4th are just fine, regardless if the code is on or not.

Thomas

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it still has the original 93 solenoids and TCC. :C

Thomas

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: I swapped in the 1996 Solenoids and TCC and it is still doing the exact same thing... works fine until tossing a code on the 2-3 and then it doesn't like 1st or 2nd at all :(

Thomas

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
IIRC, the wrong solenoids kill the drivers in the EEC; a search should, er, might find it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!! I found the issue. The main harness on the transmission was in bad shape, and a few of the wires were exposed and shorting out. I repaired the harness and all is good! That would also explain my odd O2 codes that I have had.

So, solenoids swapped, TCC swapped (both to match '96 EEC) and repaired harness fixed the problem! Thanks for the help! :)

Thomas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts