TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 97 thunderbird with a 4.6L v8. It has a t-45 swap and minor bolt ons. I need to remove the automatic trans controls so I can pass the emissions test. the tester wont even hook up to it because it has automatic transmission codes. (the car is still registered in PA). Additionally, the car tries to shift itself occasionally and therefore bucks when going down the road at times. so, I need to remove the codes, hopefully improve on my bolt ons, and I also need to remove the speed limiter for road course lapping days. I am not sure whether to get the hand held programmer or a chip. I will also be doing more major mods in the future, such as a supercharged all aluminum pi motor and such, but that wont be for a while. so I want something that will fix the problems I have, but also need something that I can have changed when I add more complex things. Any help will be greatly appreciated as it isnt urgent that It gets done, but I am ready to go ahead and get what I need as soon as I find out what exactly that is. thank you.

-steve

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
you need a chip to get rid of that

·
Super Moderator
7,982 Posts
Talk to Lonnie. He burned a chip for my T45 swap, and I was very satisfied with it.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts