TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna hook my trans temp gauge into my trans line but i dont know excatly how to get it in the line? my trans isnt stock and it runs about 70-80 psi of line pressure so im assuming that splicing the line and using rubber hoses is out of the question. its an electric gauge so it has the sender. i was thinking a "T" fitting but i dunno how to get it connected to the trans line. help???

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Here is mine...

It is a 1/4 inch brass tee with a compression fitting on the hard line and a hose barb to the cooler. The temp sensor is threaded into the branch of the tee with a 1/4 to 1/8 bushing so that the fluid flow is not impeded. You could just as easily have compression fittings on both ends.

·
Registered
955 Posts
there is a easier way!!!!!!! there is actually a bung plug on the 4r70w, its on the driver side, you might have to look around for it, but my sensor i got with the trans guage threaded right in it, and then all i had to do was route a wire to it... ive had it like this for over 2 years now and had no problem... but this was on a 3.8L though!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
There's actually several 'bung plugs' on the 4R70W. Better know which one's what when doing that.

You can also have a bung welded in the tranny pan, some peeps like to read the temps there. When installing the temp sensor in-line, then there's the argument of where to put the sensor, before or after the cooler. :rolleyes:

If you're real adventurous, you could use a flaring tool and appropriate fittings.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which trans line did you install your "T" fitting in? top or bottom line?? im gonna install mine before the cooler because i think thats the most accurate, being straight out of the tranny. so which one is the line pumping to the cooler???

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
On a 4R70W the coolant return line is the top line going into the transmission and the bottom line is the output line.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
when installing a trans cooler does it matter which end of the cooler itself is the input and which is the output? i see nothing that species it on the cooler and I would assume that it doesn't matter sense it is just a receptacle for fluid to flow through. also does orientation matter? by that i mean do i specifically have to have the fluid come in through the top or bottom? again I don't see why that would matter. thanks, Dave

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
On the cooler itself, no

1 - 11 of 11 Posts