TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that after the j-mod and fluid change to Mercon V, that when I had the trans in neutral, I could hear what sounded like a buzz coming from the trans. Kinda sounded like something was trying to engage but couldn't quite do it. Like a teeth skipping-type sound. Not to loud or harsh, but seemed to be at a constant. Put it in Park last night after taking it for a drive, and noticed the same sound, only not as pronounced. Wtf is that? The valve body going south? It still shifts fine and no O/D light, but I did get a CEL last night, so I reset the comp. and took it for a test drive. That's when I heard it in park when I got back from the "re-learning" session. Is this a huge problem, or is this normal? I also noticed that the key likes to get stuck in the ignition switch occasionally. I told my wife to move the shifter down through the gears, then back to park, and the key popped right out. Is this the MLPS going to? I noticed that there is a little play in the lever when it's in park, so it may just be linkage. Have to crawl under it and see. Just wanted to know what the deal was so I know if I have to save money or not.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Um, well after I put in my Transgo kit, I got a fluid noise from the vb in every position except neutral. Sounded like fluid escaping from a pressure relief valve...if you've ever operated a tractor or other machinery equipped with hydraulic lift equipment, and held the control valve open even after the ram had reached the end of it's travel, you probably know that noise. Never did seem to hurt anything, but I think you have valve buzz, not squealing like I did. I hope you didn't turn the screw on the back of the EPC solenoid.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hotbird- nope, didn't touch the epc screw. I know enough to not mess with the line pressure.

95BLKLSC- I'll check that article out on LOD and see what I can do. It really doesn't bother me, other than everyone asking what that noise is. I like my car to be quiet, and that noise is def. not a good sounding one. Thanks for the info. I'll post back if it works.

·
Registered
974 Posts
it's not an article, just a tread I just started this morning concerning valve body buzz. Might help to read it and look at the pic I posted. Just check all your heat shields even if you are 99% positive that's not the problem.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will do that. Just got done reading the thread. I hope that's all it is...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, yea, I have an ex like that. Don't send yours my way, it'll ruin more than 6 months of my life, it'll ruin almost 5 years of marriage- if she goes- the bird and half my stuff goes too! Not good, IMO.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts