TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny kinda buzzes in reverse. Its more of a whine buzz and to me it sounds like an electric razor. What could be causing this and should i care?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
It is a common problem to have a slight bit of buzz from the valve body on pre 96s. as long as it only happens in reverse (since you're never really in reverse that long) it's not much of a problem. Unfortunately the only thing I know of that would cure it is a new valvebody. If it starts doing this all the time and you hear it at every stoplight, it might be worth upgrading to a 99+ valvebody.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. My other problem is that creaking that everybody gets when they hit the gas. This one only happens when i shift from reverse to d and d to reverse. Ive already determined this to b U joints or cv joints but could u guys tell me how much these are to be replaced?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
U joints... should be able to pick up a pair for under $40 if i'm right. you would need a press to install them though, unless you have one at home :)

I'm not sure about CV joints though.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happens when they break? I KNOW my dad wont fix them in any rush. Im still tryin to get him to replace ball joints that have been creaking for 1 1/2 years. I dont have money for this right now. By the way, im not spoiled and he pays for all the repairs on my car. Its not MY car, he drives it more than i do.

·
Registered
132 Posts
my car does that buzzing sound too... only in neutral instead of reverse. is it the same thing?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
My car does it in neutral too. Also, it happens more when it's hot outside. That dreaded "valvebody buzz" :ztoohot: <-- GO AWAY!!!

Jim

·
Registered
238 Posts
when I changed my tranny fluid to mobil 1 the buzz went away.

Change your fluid!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Time to upgrade that tranny! J/K ;) ... But I did put a '99 GT transmission in because of that and the fact that the 1-2 shift was HORRIBLE (slipped like crazy between shifts). I can sometimes chirp second at WOT with the GT transmission and a bone stock 4.6 in front of it.

The boneheads at the Ford Stealership that I got the car from said it was a heatshield. It had been doing it since I got the car in July of '99, and I had mentioned it while it was in warranty, telling them that sounded like it was coming from the transmission.I guess some Ford mechanics don't even know their own transmissions. Oh well.

95LX said:
My car does it in neutral too. Also, it happens more when it's hot outside. That dreaded "valvebody buzz" :ztoohot: <-- GO AWAY!!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Change your fluid!
Actually, first time I heard it was right after changing the fluid. It went away after a few days because the fluid level went down. As soon as I topped it off, the buzz came right back.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts