TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1996 ford thunderbird 4.6L V8 tan interior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it’s been a while since I’ve posted on here I’ve had a couple mn12s since. I got a 1995 Thunderbird and a 1995 cougar. Both have the 4.6 v8 and I still have them both now. They both seem to not have the connector I’m looking for, my 1996 Ford Thunderbird (also has the 4.6L V8) had some wires showing coming from the wiring harness going to the trans. I discovered this as I was underneath it dropping the pan and replacing the filter & fluid. I idiotically removed the harness from its factory spot to get a closer look at it to fix it, forgot to connect it back in its spot and while I was driving the connector got fried and melted on the exhaust. it’s an 8 pin connector with 8 colorful wires, the pin holes are rectangular shaped. I’ve looked basically everywhere and have been to multiple junkyards with no luck!!! I don’t even know what the little plastic connector is even called. Any info would be great thank you

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
It's only on the 96-7 4.6's. I ran into that when redoing my 97. I ended up using a different connector. I did find the original for over $100.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,358 Posts
I'd have to look through my stack of stuff to see if I have any of those on an old harness.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would b awesome you just ship it right? I just don’t know of any 96’s and 97’s around here and the whole harness online is expensive

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's only on the 96-7 4.6's. I ran into that when redoing my 97. I ended up using a different connector. I did find the original for over $100.
did you do like an adapter? or just a whole different connector ? I would assume that would work fine but whatever gets it done the fastest. talkin $100 for some oem piece of plastic and wires, that sure does seem steep

·
SuperNewbie
3,358 Posts
That would b awesome you just ship it right? I just don’t know of any 96’s and 97’s around here and the whole harness online is expensive
If I have one I can cut it off and drop it in envelope and ship it out. Your other option is to just splice the wires from both sides of the connector together. It's not ideal, but you can still get the car running in a worst case scenario.

Reactions: mercenvy

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
did you do like an adapter? or just a whole different connector ? I would assume that would work fine but whatever gets it done the fastest. talkin $100 for some oem piece of plastic and wires, that sure does seem steep

Here's what I did. I replaced both because I had issues with the insulation on the wiring at the connectors.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I have one. I had re-pinned it for another purpose but I'm not using it for that anymore and it was in my spares pile. It's only got 6 pins in it now, but I can find 2 more or de-pin it altogether. I have male and female pieces.

Reactions: mercenvy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
honestly…. does anyone here know if Ford rangers or other fords used these connectors?? I assume they would, but I’ve had no luck finding it on a vehicle at a junk yard. @supergordo how much would it run me to ship that connector to bay city Michigan ?

I have one. I had re-pinned it for another purpose but I'm not using it for that anymore and it was in my spares pile. It's only got 6 pins in it now, but I can find 2 more or de-pin it altogether. I have male and female pieces.

View attachment 45393 View attachment 45394
@jco1385 how much for a connector shipped to bay city Michigan?

·
SuperNewbie
3,358 Posts
honestly…. does anyone here know if Ford rangers or other fords used these connectors?? I assume they would, but I’ve had no luck finding it on a vehicle at a junk yard. @supergordo how much would it run me to ship that connector to bay city Michigan ?
The connectors are small so they could fit in any USPS priority mail flat rate box or envelope. I'd guess under $10 to ship.

·
SuperNewbie
3,358 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Do you need just the bare male connector or you want both parts? Pins or not? I have a second one in a trans harness but the wires are bad like yours. I can send you that if you just need the plastic connector. Cover shipping plus a few bucks and I'm good. Just want to be sure I send you what you need.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you need just the bare male connector or you want both parts? Pins or not? I have a second one in a trans harness but the wires are bad like yours. I can send you that if you just need the plastic connector. Cover shipping plus a few bucks and I'm good. Just want to be sure I send you what you need.
not exactly sure why you wouldn’t want the pins. the metal pins, right? isn’t that why the connector is there in the first place.? I just need the male one, what the connector on the harness connects to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts