TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks guys. I was thinking of mounting it there. It should be alright to lay it flat if need be shouldn't it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
And mine from Roberts on a 96;)

Hmmmmmmmm, I never thought of mounting it like that. I've got mine mounted up right in front of the a/c condenser. What kind of temps do you guys get with it mounted laying down like that? I mounted mine up so if I was stopped in traffic the fan might pull some air thru it.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I average about 160 and has never gotten to 200, that's after some runs on a hot day at the 1/4 mile :cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I average about 160 and has never gotten to 200, that's after some runs on a hot day at the 1/4 mile :cool:

That's pretty much what I run temp wise. Now I just need to figure out what the a/c problem is before summer hits........:mad:

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
That big cooler a VERY nice use of the area Ford blessed us with - My cooler a fraction of that... Maybe 1/4 the length & no probs as I;m not on the strip & only a slightly tweaked 11inch D/D TC.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ok i got the cooler mounted today. Right to the side of the oil cooler and has a slight angle for better flow through. I ordered a tranny cooler install kit from Jegs for 7 bucks that worked awesome. Now i was thinking of installing a tranny temp sending unit for my gauge thats already mounted and I was wondering if anyone knew if any of the auto parts stores carries any that would works? It's an elecrical type gauge. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I thought you could pick up Temp fm Factory Sender in Pan off the PCM somewhere... am I wrong?

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you have a HIGH stall converter, bypass it all together and use a BIG cooler. ;)
I live up in the southwest corner of southdakota where temps vary from 0° in the winter up to 100° in the summer, I just purchased the 9.5" 3800 stall billet front cover torque converter & 373 trak-lok rear end from DirtyD0g, I bought they hayden 679 with 3/8 line from him also. My question is i was wondering how to run the cooler? He advised stand alone but if the weather gets really cold in the winter would thing cause problems for me? the tranny fluid being too cold? should i run rad-> cooler-> tranny? or just through the 679 and back to the tranny?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If it is too cold just block it off with cardboard on the big coolers. Your 679 unit I suggest running before the radiator in your climate. That is how my car is routed so I will clone my lines for you.
Alan

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
exactly, that will allow the trans fluid to be at normal operating temps and even assist engine cooling.
Alan
I assume out here in Vegas you'd recommend bypassing the factory cooler altogether and running the super large tru-cool max 4739pn as a stand alone?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts