TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a trans cooler in my 1996 Cougar 4.6. Where is a good spot to mount it? I have reservations about using the straps that it comes with.

·
8,239 Posts

For the 96 you have a different front end, but I like to mount it where it will get alot of airflow when the car is moving.

Also there is no shame in ziptying it to the a/c condenser.

:)

Justin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that is a pretty cool spot you put yours in, but I have the air vents on my car closer to the center of the car. There is already a power steering cooler there.

I have plenty of space in front of the condenser to zip tie it to, I just figured it might not be as secure. I also figured I might damage the condenser after awhile by having the zip ties rubbing against the tubes inside the condenser.

One more thing, which line did you hook it into - upper or lower?

·
8,239 Posts
the upper line is the return line.

You might want to spluge for some stainless 5/16th hose.

I was inspecting the rubber oil hose I used, and it is starting to deterioate a little bit.

I plan on going with some nice AN fittings, and some stainless hose.

JH

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Justin, how old are the hoses you used? Just wondering, as I'm going to be installing my cooler very soon. I'll eventually replace them with something better, but for now I want that heat out of my tranny... now to try and find a decent price on stainless....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts