TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yeah, that appears to be a 89-93 AOD setup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmm....I thought the early model crossmembers used "square" bushings at the end and only the late model 5 speed version used round bushings. But looking at your picture Jason I do see differences between what you have and what I have as a late model crossmember.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm....I thought the early model crossmembers used "square" bushings at the end and only the late model 5 speed version used round bushings. But looking at your picture Jason I do see differences between what you have and what I have as a late model crossmember.
It's been a long time and I'm cleaning out old parts, but if memory serves me correctly, I think I pulled that crossmember from a 92 AOD car. Now that you mention the square bushings though... those bushings may not even go with the crossmember :eek: I found the bushings in a box-o-parts and assumed they went with the trans, but I do remember them being square on the old cars.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jason,

If those bushings are rubber I would be interested in them since I am working with a 95 5 speed car now. If poly....not interested though.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The replacement poly bushings are all round, regardless of the original shape. My '89 Cougar had the 2 piece square bushings, that I replaced them with the poly bushings that are round. Bill from SCP assured me they were correct, and they seem to work fine other than needing different mounting bolts as the original shank is too large to go through the replacement sleeves.

Thomas

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't think that Ford ever serviced the crossmember bushings individually.....had to buy the entire member to get new bushings. The only aftermarkets I have seen were "developed" by MN12 Performance and were poly. SCP and Spinning Wheels picked up several of the lines Rich "developed" at MN12 Performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts