TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My transmission is slipping really really bad. Every 5-10 seconds it feels like your driving over rumble strips. the whole car shakes and slows down a little bit. I am not sure what i need to do to fix it. I checked the transmission fluid and it does look black or have any particles in it. It is a light brown color. I have read that some people recommend doing a transmission flush or to get a new MLPS sensor or something like that. What should i do?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Your info says this car is a 93? Is that right? This is a common problem on 94-up cars but its very odd for an older one.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Changing that fluid (Mercon III) should be your first move... brown isn't the color it should be. If you do it yourself make sure the torque converter gets drained, it holds a lot of fluid.

Have you replaced the grommet where the TV cable connects under the hood? The plastic one will disintegrate and can cause problems. Ford has a kit with a metal one in it for about $5.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I agree, check the kickdown and change the transmission fluid and filter. The fluid should never be anything than the red/pinkish color when you wipe it on a rag.

"For AOD's, I also recommend Mercon V transmission fluid."
http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/page5.shtml
If Jerry sez it's okay, that's pretty hard to argue with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts