TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1994 Thunderbird's transmission is slipping. It seems to slip on 2-3 gear. It's probably on it's way out soon, so I was wondering what my best choice is.

I was thinking about rebuilding the transmission or buying a used one and swapping it out.
What do you guys think the best choice would be? How much would I be looking at for each?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
If the car is a keeper I'd find at least a 98-99 core & rebuild it, you could easily drop $2K w/new TC & cooler - If you are on a tight budget rebuild the 94 but you still need a fresh TC & cooler no matter what.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My 1994 Thunderbird's transmission is slipping. It seems to slip on 2-3 gear. It's probably on it's way out soon, so I was wondering what my best choice is.

I was thinking about rebuilding the transmission or buying a used one and swapping it out.
What do you guys think the best choice would be? How much would I be looking at for each?
BUCK is right. and if u spend the money to have your tranny rebuilt, while u have your tranny out, u might wanna upgrade your transmission lines from 5/16" to 3/8" steel tubing (u could get convertion fittings and brake steel tubing at napa)and install a B&M (plate type) transmission cooler for extra insurance on your investment.

i wish i had known this b4 almost burning my freshly rebuilt tranny in the 100+ degree arizona heat.:ztoohot:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts