TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to race next week at the track (Spring Break), and I was wondering exactly how much it hurts the transmission (or the rest of the motor) to race on the track. I have replaced the MAF, IAC, and Intake Manifold.

I am at 89,000 miles, do I need to get my tranny fluid switched out? How much do you think a dealership would charge?

·
8,239 Posts
look at the fluid if it is any color except pink/red then it needs to be changed.

I change mine every 15k miles.

Don't know what a dealer would charge to do this, as they don't get near my car.

JH

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would not let a stealer touch my car either unless it is something super major that I just do not have the time, help, or room to do myself. Changing the tranny fluid is pretty easy to do yourself anyway.

Search can be your friend.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright cool stuff. Thanks a lot for help guys.. My tranny fluid has been red/pink for awhile now

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What part of KY are you in? I am in Clarksville Tn, just south of Hopkinsville Ky.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hardin County, Kentucky.

I live RIGHT BY Fort Knox.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Can you make a withdrawal for me?:D

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll tell you what. If I can make it past the first fence (there are 3 fences to get across) sure thing. Hopefully, one of the snipers don't get me :) (4 sniper towers at the corners)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts