TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m transplanting a 4.6 into a street rod project and have had to build headers. It dosent have any of the egr stuff anymore so what are people using to get rid of that error code. We transplanted an entire drivetrain from a 97 Bird LX Into this so we are using cluster and all. Would like to get rid of the EGR and a few other non necessity things on this. Any tips or tricks ?

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Is it an off road vehicle?

I think even hand built cars have to meet the standards.

There was a lawsuit a couple of years ago, and as a result even the tune by mail guys won't turn off EPA mandated features, like rear o2 sensors, EGR, and Evap controls.

If it's legal, this guy will write you a tune to do those things:

Don is a great guy, and he can sell you the hardware and software to tune your car.

But he won't do anything illegal, so keep that in mind.
!!PLEASE READ!!: We cannot and will not delete any emissions equipment in the tune.

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Btw, to make the egr work, you need the exhaust pipe with the orifice plumbed between the TB and the exhaust, the sender and the wiring.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,350 Posts
Unless it’s a kit car and it’s older than 1968 there really are no standards to meet, nationwide.

The government doesn’t care if you put a modified 1997 EEC into an old car, they just don’t want you to modify a 1997 EEC on a less old car it came in(yay bureaucracy!). Even stripped of all emissions devices a EFI 4.6 is going to be cleaner running than any car in a year range that typifies a street rod was originally

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s going into a non registered vehicle so I’m not worried about having to meet any emissions or anything. The truck is completely custom and will be used just for show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts