TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm set to get it done. If I don't have to pull any heads I've got all that I need here already. We'll have to pull the parts from the engine in the GT to complete the engine in the garage, then put the engine tranny combo in the GT. I'm free next weekend and every other weekend after that. Who can make it and when?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys, I really could use the help. I'm in a bind here. No vehicle, and no money to pay someone to do it. Doesn't have to be memorial day weekend, but sometime after that?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm just waiting for a ride down there.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ryan, I really appreicate it. I'm going to set the weekend at June 2-3, unless thats bad for everyone who is planning on coming.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
sorry i ouldnt post sooner. ended up getting banned for software piracy... lmfao. whatev. i appreciate a fair warning though... wouldve been nice to have gotten one. get a date set up, and i'll try me best to make it down, the girlie might want to visit the pops sometime.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Michael, See if you can get in touch with Jim, since he has the awesome hoist. If Jim has time, and can pick me up, we could get it done this weekend. That would give us an extra day if we NEEDED it, too.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i might be able to hop down sunday if you guys need me.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
well that sucks :(

anyone else have a hoist?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can probably get a hoist, if you can get down here.

This weekend would be great, I was just expecting everyone to have memorial day plans.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Anyone available to go with me down there? I need a ride.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Matt, I'll call you later tonight if thats alright... At work until 5:00 and then going dirtbiking with a co-worker immediately after that.

-Ryan

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just keep me updated. I've arranged for a hoist, but need to arrange to pick it up Friday afternoon if I do actually need it.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just when you think things have to look up, because your month couldn't possibly get any worse..... I mean what else could they throw at you, your girlfriend dumped you, the engine in the car blew, you're in debt up to your eyeballs.....

This happened. I took took the cover that had been on the blue car and put it on the red car. I took the cover off of the red car to check under the hood and found this. Its that oooey goooey window sealant from off of the blue car, it must have gotten on the cover when it was on LE and transferred it to the GT.

I'll be sooo glad when this ends. I'm beginning to feel like Job. (read your bible)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
ouch, man... you're having the worst luck here... get some goo gone and get that tar offa there... then trash the car cover.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, I just double checked the calender and the first weekend in June ISN'T a weekend off for me. The second weekend in June is my weekend off. June 9-10th. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, I just double checked the calender and the first weekend in June ISN'T a weekend off for me. The second weekend in June is my weekend off. June 9-10th. Sorry for the confusion.
Quoted this for confirmation.

Had a thought this evening. Ryan, remember how the passenger side cam was hard to get on, and we had to really pull on the sprocket to get it on? The chain was fairly tight? What do you think the chances are that the chain snapped? And if it did what would that do?

I haven't pulled the cam cover yet to be sure but I think its a possibility.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts