TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks. I'm taking leave this weekend and I will be driving from Spokane, WA all the way to North Carolina. I haven't decided about the trip home yet but for the trip there I'll be heading south to Oklahoma first. It looks like the Bulk of my trip will be I-90 and I-25. I'll be leaving very early Saturday Morning and probably driving about 800-900 miles the first day and then finishing the trip to Tulsa the next day. I'll be there for a day hanging with my dad and grand parents.

The day after that I'll be driving to Oklahoma City to stay with the other Grand Parents for a day. After that I'll be driving all the back to Asheville NC hopefully non stop. But it all depends on fatigue. If I get tired I'm going to stop.

The trip wil be:
Fairchild AFB to Tulsa, OK
Tulsa, OK to OKC, OK
OKC, OK to Asheville, NC

I thought maybe if anyone was near the area I have no problems taking a break and getting a bite to eat or just shootin the **** to take a break. I don't know if any of you are near the route I'm taking but if you do post here. Or feel free to call. My Cell is 828-243-4514. The name is Kyle. Anyway have a good one.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Good luck with the trip! Just take it slow and easy. I've made a couple large cross country trips (both in a 65 Mustang fastback):

I went from NY, NY to San Francisco, CA.... via Galax Va and Yuma, AZ.. Sort of a southern route!! :beek:

Then when I got out of the CG, I drove from Port Angeles to Galax VA, 2900 miles, in two and a half day (and that included a wheel bearing failure in St. Louis that cost me a good half day). :D

One thing that I try to do is avoid the major cities around morning and evening rush hour. Traffic is heavy, and the people know where they are going and you don’t. So while you’re watching signs, etc., commuters are zipping around going where they go every day. Just makes for a stressful situation, especially in the evening if you’ve been on the road all day!! Personally I like to drive starting at 2 am and then knock off for the evening when the sun sets or I get tired. But I’m a morning owl by nature, so getting up at 1 or 2 isn’t an issue for me.

Just some tips/thoughts. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work midshift here. So I'll be hitting the sack tomorrow around noon or 1 and whenever I wake up I'm heading out for NC. So mostly likely 2-3 on Saturday Morning. AHAH Major cities? In souther montana ;) But yeah I plan on staying somewhere in Colorado if I can make it. I'm actually kinda excited about this trip. Should be fun. I gotta go load some stuff up in the car. Mufflers and downtubes and amps mostly hehe.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i would love to drive cross country. i drive down to disney twice a year, but that is only like 1300 miles ea way. have fun kyle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts