TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm got this pair of items that were set up for 3.o8 gears when I got the car, the code is set at 0111111000 on the dip switch. I installed 4.10 gears and need to recalibrate. Would anyone have an idea because the Mustang ratio table is way out from the MN12.

Read ya later, Nick

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
The Mustang table is only for the standard range, not the extended range. Call up Dallas Mustang, and they will help you. They basically have you set it to a particular setting, and get on a highway with mile markers, reset the trip odometer, and drive exactly 10 miles, and from the difference between the 10 actual miles and the odometer reading, they can tell you what setting to use.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mikey and Matt. I'm working on soaking up this info from the calculators. I checked where the box is set and compared it and it mirrored the current settings. The box settings, 0111111000 vs 0001111110 calculator recommendations.

Stock VSS Pulses per Mile: 8000
Current Setup VSS Pulses per Mile:7852

VSS Scaling Factor: .9815
Old FRPP Recalibrator Switch Settings, Bits 1-8: 01000110
New FRPP Recalibrator Switch Settings, Digits 1-3 (Ignore decimal point):1.02
SpeedCal Standard Range Switch Settings: 0111110111
SpeedCal Extended Range Switch Settings: 0001111110

Will the 4.10 settins be mirrored also? Just asking.

Read ya later, Nick

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turns out I had the standard range Speed Cal. Thanks again.

Read ya later, Nick

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts
That sucks! They all became extended range after 2012 but there are probably a lot of both in circulation these days, and there’s no obvious ways to tell the SR and ER apart from the outside.

I bought mine NOS for a great price on eBay, but had no idea which version it was. I made this thread during my struggle and found a few internal details to possibly tell them apart (mine luckily turned out to be extended range too). So if you find a seller make sure they send a good pic of the full circuit and use it to cross reference with pics in here before buying https://forums.tccoa.com/17-audio-electronics/157585-help-need-speedcal-help.html

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, it works fine and the calculator you posted put me right where I should be. I was trying to use the SpeedCal Ratio Table from the internet along with your posting info and that confused me.

Read ya later, Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts