TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew that these were coming out soon, but I didn't know that they'd be out this soon! Actually, these are going for a good price too. I'm almost positive that you'd need different camshafts with these, and since they don't come with them, I guess you'd be SOL for a while. But beyond that, would these just bolt on? I can't really tell for sure from the pictures, the intake ports aren't the right shape. (at least I think those are the intake ports) maybe someone else knows more about them.

Tri-valve heads

Not much time left on these, though. Kinda wish I'd seen em earlier. And that I hadn't already ordered NPI heads, these'd make a fun project :)

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Hope your rich. the heads look bare, and you still need a 3v intake and tons of other ****.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
NRL said:
Hope your rich. the heads look bare, and you still need a 3v intake and tons of other ****.

I was thinking the same thing. These heads are not bolt on, you need some other crap. Price is good, but I dunno.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
The 3v engines are completely different, and you would need an amazing amount of stuff to get those to work with your car, including 3v computer, intake manifold, valvetrain (someone said the heads were bare), timing cover, valve covers, probably exhaust manifolds or headers, you'd have to figure out a way to fit that intake under a hood which I would say would be quite a project in itself...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Not to mention you need all the variable timing stuff. The only 3V engine out so far is a 5.4L which isn't going to come in front of a tranny that is going to fit in a MN-12 so the entire PCM program would be a custom thing. It would be a huge pain. There would also be NO AVAILIABLE intake manifold to put them on a 4.6 at this point.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
If you are interested in an ENTIRE 3 valve engine, give me a PM. I know where you can get one with about 2,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured they'd be a PITA, and besides I'm just a broke high school student right now. That'll change, soon, though. Soon, I'll be an even more broke college student. ;) These heads did look very interesting, though. Are they really capable of as much power as that guy claimed (300+HP)? If so, that's not bad, considering the 4V Mark engine only makes 280-something...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's interesting. I wonder why they make more power (or at least are claimed to) than the DOHC motor. Do they flow more air because of the differently shaped intake ports, or something?

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
SloMo228 said:
That's interesting. I wonder why they make more power (or at least are claimed to) than the DOHC motor. Do they flow more air because of the differently shaped intake ports, or something?
There are alot more factors then the heads itself where all this extra power can come from.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The Australian 3V 5.4 in their fairlane (neat medium sized car) is touted to make about 380 'australian' hp,n/a, and its mostly in tune.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts