TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else seen much on these. I am supposed to be getting all the information emailed to me and they will be available in about 3 weeks. Retail at $450, these cams will be as cheap as 302's in another few years at this rate.
Alan

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
These are already in the Summit catalog that comes in the mail.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, the funny thing is that is the only place they are. They aren't technically available yet.
Alan

·
Registered
518 Posts
Any specs on these cams yet?

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
See This Post in This Thread for more information.

Edit: Sorry about that. I thought you were talking about the heads not the cams. My bad.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I guess I am just wondering if these are blower cams or more for NA applications.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Anybody else seen much on these. I am supposed to be getting all the information emailed to me and they will be available in about 3 weeks. Retail at $450, these cams will be as cheap as 302's in another few years at this rate.
Alan
I wish I could post pics.....

http://forums.stangnet.com/771978-4-6-trickflow-cams.html

Look at reply #13

Source: www.modularfords.com
About heads...this guy has info on the cams also.

Default Get in Line! Trick Flow 2v heads coming!
It was hard to keep this secret as long as we have, but now have the go ahead to spill the beans! Trick Flow is releasing a brand new 2v head and it's what we've all be waiting on.

They flows over 240cfm out of the box!

Exhaust valve is swaped with where the exhaust lash adjuster was. This allows much higher lift cams on stock shortblocks. The best news is, this modifcation was done and still uses a standard PI cam design so all the cams for the PI heads will work with these heads.

The cam towers bolt on. This means in the event of damage to one of the cam towers (oiling problem etc) they can be swapped out, this problem no longer trashes the whole head!

The heads are drilled to accepted both windsor and romeo valve covers!

These heads will be available first quarter of 2009. They have already been on a development car for 6,000 miles so these heads are not just a concept, they are real.

The demand for these heads are expected to be high. Final pricing has not been set but expect them to be competitive with fully loaded PI heads coming out of the top shops out there.

To reserve your spot in line for a set, send an email to [email protected]

No deposit is required. As soon as we have any further info on the heads you will receive an email. When they become available, you will have the first right to buy based on your position on our list but are not obligated. Get those emails in!

I'll have pics and a spreadsheet of flow numbers comparing these heads to PI and SVO heads.

Hope this helps.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I wonder how the stage 2 cams would be with my Vortech vs. a roots/twin-screw?

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
vs. $550 - $600, hell yeah!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Granted these have supposedly have been road tested for 6000 miles, I'd still wait at least year to see some feedback. Like most new items there may be some kinks that needed to be worked out. With new release I have several ways to go on the engine build. That alone is cool.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
They are $449.95 a pair. Compared to 2 years ago that is a much better deal.
Alan
I can see what you typed.....but, I don't think we will be seeing any modular cams(new) that will ever be as cheap as 302 cams.....maybe in about 15 years.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
so you are saying 2V cams will be as cheap as $120 new?
And you've found billet steel roller cams for $120?
Apples to apples here now-be fair.
JL

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
And you've found billet steel roller cams for $120?
Apples to apples here now-be fair.
JL
he never stated it as such.....and no, I didn't know what the material was they were made from....but lets be real, whatever the material, they have a specific job in the engine....and you will never see cams for a 2v for $120 bucks.

lemme see what I can find price wise for a 302 in 'billet steel'.

·
3,232 Posts
he never stated it as such.....and no, I didn't know what the material was they were made from....but lets be real, whatever the material, they have a specific job in the engine....and you will never see cams for a 2v for $120 bucks.

lemme see what I can find price wise for a 302 in 'billet steel'.
All of the aftermarket modular camshafts are billet steel pieces.
JL

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
cool.....make sense why they are so much.

Now, I did find a few trick flow 302 cams(didn't state what the material was), that were around $170-$175....and they said this "Starting as premium blank cores, the cams are checked for the proper hardness and then precision-ground to exacting tolerances."

Do they(trick flow) make these out of billet as well?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-51402002&autoview=sku

just curious, not trying to start a fight..

·
3,232 Posts
cool.....make sense why they are so much.

Now, I did find a few trick flow 302 cams(didn't state what the material was), that were around $170-$175....and they said this "Starting as premium blank cores, the cams are checked for the proper hardness and then precision-ground to exacting tolerances."

Do they(trick flow) make these out of billet as well?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-51402002&autoview=sku

just curious, not trying to start a fight..
I doubt it. Most of the old windsor cams are cast with hardened wear surfaces. The true Billet cams for those engines are anywhere from $495-$695/each.
JL

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Just find a mechanical roller cam for the pushrod dinosaurs. Those will always be billet.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts