TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so my car recently threw a p0174- and I've searched, and know the possible causes.
I found a wire/sensor that is unplugged.

It comes out of the wiring harness from the passenger side spark plug group. It is near the air tube and fuel injector closest to the grille of the car.
It comes out of spark plug harness and is thin, black with a white stripe, and has a rubber cap on it.

Any idea where it goes?

Sorry for the inability to take pictures.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
The only choices that I can see are the radio interference capacitor along the side of the coil pack, or the long set of wires that go down along the side of the motor to the A/C compressor and CKP sensor. Upstream of the coil pack energizing wires are the fuel injectors, the coolant temp. sensor and a ground.

ThunderBeast86 said:
Alright, so my car recently threw a p0174- and I've searched, and know the possible causes.
I found a wire/sensor that is unplugged.

It comes out of the wiring harness from the passenger side spark plug group. It is near the air tube and fuel injector closest to the grille of the car.
It comes out of spark plug harness and is thin, black with a white stripe, and has a rubber cap on it.

Any idea where it goes?

Sorry for the inability to take pictures.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I know what your talking about it the one i unplugged in the picture here. Just to the left of the coolent sensor. If thats it then it just plugs into the fuel rail just below mine in the pic

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ding ding ding MATT is the winner!

Thanks for the help Obucina and embalmer.

Matt- I thought that was it- but it seems that it is closed- and that wire wouldn't do anything?
What does it do?

Thanks!!

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
I remember dealing with this wire when I was doing the DOHC swap. I don't have my wiring diagrams with me, but IIRC, it was a ground wire.

-Rod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts