TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be honest, I don't see much difference. HOWEVER, I believe the reason for this might possibly be because my car was already running pretty well. My engine seems to be in extremely good shape.

From the looks of the plugs, and oil I would have to say it's fairly clean. I run Royal Purple, and after the first change I noticed a lot of gunk had come out with it, the second oil change, it was simply black, but clean, very clean, after 8500km.

I also added some acetone in my gas a ways back.... only did it once but I'm sure it had it's own cleaning effect, the gas is long since clean of acetone now.... I only did it once.

So I bought a can of Sea foam today to give it a shot, not expecting miracles, but expecting some noticeable difference, I ran it through my brake booster vacuum line, and added some to my gas, gave the other 1/3 to my dad since I don't plan on changing my oil for another 7500km or so, so I won't add it to the oil just yet, and I don't see much of a difference in performance at all, it idles much the same, and seems to work just as it did before.

SO, to sum it up; am I believer in Sea Foam?? Would I recommend it to people?? absolutely. after all the stuff I've read I have no reason to believe that the product doesn't work, but that my engine is just in really good shape, and can't benefit too too much from just the addition of an additive :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I absolutely agree with you. On a clean and well-run engine, I don't think it would make a noticable difference. My bird, which had been sitting for a while and only taken on an occasional short trip through town, probably had a lot of carbon buildup in the engine that the seafoam cleaned out. Same effect as if I had flogged the piss out of the thing for a while and cleaned it out "naturally."

But ya know what? At only $5 a can, it doesn't hurt to give it a try!

·
Registered
34 Posts
But ya know what? At only $5 a can, it doesn't hurt to give it a try![/QUOTE]

not in my 'friendly neighboor autozone', its double the price.

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
My local Home Depot has it for $6.49. The local NAPA sells it for $11, and the AutoZone sells it for $8.49.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts