TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 Thunderbird suffered some hail damage a few weeks back. The car was already in the process of a restoration so it wasn't a huge loss to replace the hood and trunk lid. Unfortunately the window trim seems to have taken most of the damage. I have a junkyard nearby that has plenty of donor cars. The problem is I have no clue how to get these trim pieces off. I noticed the trim that goes over the doors seems to be riveted as well. Does anyone have any instructions or pointers for removing these pieces? So far the only trim piece I have successfully replaced is the trim at the bottom of the front windows. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,660 Posts
The trim above the door is riveted behind the weatherstrip. Drill out those rivets, and it will come off. For the trim on the sides of the rear window and the roof, there are clips that hold it in, you just need to pry it up carefully. I would suggest pulling the damaged ones first, so you don't damage the new ones trying to figure it out. Once those are off, there are also some clips holding the rear window trim on that you need to start on the glass side and work your way across.

Reactions: monettejb

·
Administrator
748 Posts
Does anyone have photos of this? I can't seem to find new replacement trim for the rubber piece (well, it's two pieces) from front window to rear window - not the plastic thicker piece.
If I can't figure this out it looks like the old girl is heading to the junkyard :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts