TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 89-95 moldings are just taped on. I suggest goo-gone, and a way to warm the area, whether that be the 100+deg. arizonia sun or a heat gun on low. Make sure to wax the entire area when your done. Be forewarned, the area covered by the molding may be darker than the surrounding paint due to fading.[/QUOTE] whats goo-gone ... and where can i get it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
goo-gone is a cleaner that gets rid of stickers, tar, gum..things like that, you can pick it up at any drugstore or walmart

·
The Parts Guy
7,297 Posts
An easy/safe way to remove them is by using a piece of fishing line. Start the fishing line between the molding and the body, and use a sawing motion to cut through the glue/tape. Then after the molding is off the car, you can use goo gone on the body of the car to remove the glue residue.

-Rod

·
Registered
653 Posts
I used to use Goo-Gone, but then I tried using it on something and it didn't work at all (brand new bottle of the stuff). I went to Advance Auto Parts and got a product called Sticker and Label Remover and it seems to work much better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i removed the trim too but i would also consider removing the chrome piece around the front and back of the car and replace it with a solid rubber piece.
It will look 10x better.

I removed the orginal trim but replaced it with a smaller trim like that on the xr7

i think i looks a lot better than the orginal :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decimator13 said:
i removed the trim too but i would also consider removing the chrome piece around the front and back of the car and replace it with a solid rubber piece.
It will look 10x better.
i think i looks a lot better than the orginal :D
the peices on the front and the rear bumper will get painter so im not worried about those ... but the one on the side is just ugly so im getting rid of it

this is how the front and the rear will look painted

·
Registered
105 Posts
Slobodan600 said:
the peices on the front and the rear bumper will get painter so im not worried about those ... but the one on the side is just ugly so im getting rid of it
I wouldn't paint over the chrome piece because the chrome piece tends to peel off over time and you don't want that to happen to your paint.
if i was you i would just replace it . its real cheap and it looks better.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Decimator13 said:
I wouldn't paint over the chrome piece because the chrome piece tends to peel off over time and you don't want that to happen to your paint.
if i was you i would just replace it . its real cheap and it looks better.
the chrome peice isnt chrome anymore its falling apart ... so i might replace it ....

how do u get the chrome peices off?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and today i was working on it all day .... it was a great day to work on it .... i almost did everything that i wanted to do for now... untill i get it painted .... and i might start it up in a few days ... it hasnt run in almost 2 years ... since my brother wrecked it .... the interior is in really good shape for a old car like that ... and i dont really know how many miles is on it because i have the electric guage cluster so i cant see how many miles is on it untill i start it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts