TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my son to see Lacuna Coil on Wed to a place in Waterloo, Iowa. We had a blast along with about 200 other people (seriously, who plans a metal concert on a Weds. night in Iowa!?!?) and got to meet the band. On the way home, I decided to take the back roads, and, boy was it worth it! We headed east out of Waterloo to Dubuque, and then headed down US 52 along the Mississippi and crossed over into IL at Savanna. What a road this was!!! Almost no traffic, no cops, and plenty o' curves, along with some super long straights where you could see for miles! I was taking the 50 mph curves at 80 easily and knew there was more but didn't want to risk it. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend cruising this road.

Here are some pics from the concert in case anyone's interested.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Now that's awesome! :headbang:

Bet your son will remember this for quite a long time, and (if he doesn't already) want to be a drummer, bassist, guitarist, singer, etc. Lacuna Coil has been around for awhile; it's cool they finally get into the American Midwest. IIRC they're either coming to Milwaukee very soon or have just been there recently......in which case I missed it!

Save those pics somewhere safe. I lost way too many irreplaceable pics like those the last time my pc crashed, and now I'm sorry but know better this time.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
yeah, lacuna coil is a great band. Im jealous.

·
Super Moderator
11,905 Posts
Glad you had a great time and a great trip. Looks like a lot of fun.

Back roads are the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts