TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have gotten an trip minder out of an older Tbird. Has anyone tried to hook one of them up to are cars?

Pin 1: EMPTY
Pin 2: EMPTY
Pin 3: Ignition Power (light blue/black stripe)
Pin 4: Dimmer (light blue/red stripe)
Pin 5: Power (light green/yellow stripe)
Pin 6: Data output line (DOL) Fuel Flow Input (light blue/pink stripe)
Pin 7: Ground (black)
Pin 8: Speed Input (dark green/white stripe)
Pin 9: Ground (black)

Really it is a simple install I just don't have a pin out of the connector on the pcm.
So I guess I'm asking if any one has a pin out for a 91 SC pcm.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Seems like it ought to work though I doubt that the SC ECM pinout is the same.

For what it's worth, you might think twice about spending too much time installing that. The one in my Fox Bird was about as accurate as a... uh... not very accurate thing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't thinking about a permanent install. More or less just something to mess with to see what it says. I can run all but 2 of the wires from the radio. I just need to run the speed sensor and dol wires.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I think that would be pretty cool to put in if it was accurate.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you never know how well it works untell you try. And thats all I want to do is try it out. So I still need a pcm pinout.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,518 Posts
It's doable with a 89-93 N/A 3.8 or 5.0 since the PCM uses the same data feed as the digital cluster(pin 34 DOL with EEC IV), 4.6 and SC PCMs don't have the pins active so you'll be getting 200 MPG lol. All of the other circuits are there.

The speed part is dead on accurate from when I tested mine, I imagine MPG is fairly accurate as well considering the fuel calculation's done through the PCM from injector duty cycle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I added one to my friends 89 ranger. We had to run a wire to the pcm since it didn't have a wire in pin 34. So I'm just trying to find a pin out so I can even see if the sc computer has a DOL.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the ranger never used pin 34 and it work just fine on it. So I hope its the same on the sc. If not o well it was just something to experiment with.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well we will see what happens tomorrow. I will give it a shot then and let you all know how it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts