TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 94 cougar 4.6L on the road. The check engine light is on. So I took it to work and used the Auto X-ray to scan the codes. I hooked it up to the ODBII looking connector inside under the passenger side dash. I used all 3 different color plugs with the scanner. Every time I got vehicle not responding! So is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there a different plug because its a 94? Isn't 94 obdI? I will add that the air bag light was on so I pulled the bulb yes it beeps at me. Could this be why the engine light is on? The car runs great, idles nice and smooth.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the key was on.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
check the fuse for the obdII

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was reading in my Chilton's book that the 94 is a EEC-IV not EEC-V like 95 up cars. They don't show you where the connector is. If you look at the pic in the book under the EEC-V is shows a pic of the 94 dash and say 1994 4.6L T-bird/Coug and points to the DLC under the passenger side dash. So what do I need to do. Going to look for the ODBII fuse. Found it in the fuse box diagram in the book. I just went and checked the ODBII fuse and it is good. Now what? Please help

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I wonder if I should tell the Auto Xray that mine is a 96 so it thinks its OBDII? Gonna try this later today.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I scanned it today. I told the auto xray that it is a 96 and it scanned it right up. It said something about the Mass air meter. I cleared it out to see if it comes back on. Maybe it just need to be cleaned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts