TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok little history the trans was bought back in early 07.. the engine went in feb of 08

The setup is in a 95 F-150 using a 95 mustang EEC before the engine went all worked well.

Started getting things together for the rebuild but layoffs and low funds put it off,
now in 2011 shes finally running the engine and trans harness are new it was a kit
I have checked wiring about 10 time over now all looks good, good fluid level.

Symptoms are that it feels as if its starting out in 3rd gear I have not felt any shifting every now and then it feels as if it slides out of gear engine revs up
no acceleration. I get positive to both shift solenoids and positive back to the
computer from both. If it wouldn't hurt anything I was going to put them on a switch
to allow me to select what solenoid is on and off to allow me to shift it just to make sure the trans can shift because right now I don't know if its EEC or the trans.
Range selector readings look good have not tested the EPC and TSS is new.
Is there anything I might be over looking? I don't think I snapped the pump
no odd noise coming from that area. As of right now I'm at a loss..open to suggestions and willing to try whatever to narrow it down.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This truck has been sitting since feb of 08. Should I remove the trans and check the VB for parts that have gotten stuck? Or to make sure the valve springs are in good shape?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I would make sure there isn't a ground wire change or a loose ground wire. It would probably be somewhere near the firewall or computer.
Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts