TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had an idea and thought tat this would be the most logical place to try to contribute it. I thought that maybe you guys could come up with kind of a troubleshooting guide. I was thinking of something along the lines of what you might find in the front of a Haynes manual, but with more specific and common Tbird/Cougar problems. For example the TC shudder is a common problem to birds/cats with the 4R70W transmission. It would kind of follow a form like the following:
Engine:
-Symptom
Common Cause A
Solution to A
Common Cause B
Solution to B
....and so on.....
-Symptom
Common Cause A
Solution to Cause A

Transmission:
-Symptom
Common Cause A
Solution to Cause A
...and so on...

I think that this kind of thing would really help, especially with common problems that get posted a lot. I know for a fact that it would help me sometimes! Then as kind of another idea off of this one, you could link the solutions to some of the tech articles. Kind of like the following:
Engine:
Symptom=rough idle
Common Cause=Dirty MAF
Solution=Clean MAF(this would be a link to an article about cleaning the mass airflow sensor.)

What do you guys think, is this a good idea? I guess if you think it is, you could start listing common ailments that Birds and Cats suffer with possible causes and solutions. I'm not really sure where to start with this except for general categories such as: engine, transmission, driveshaft, differential assembly (IRS), suspension, brakes.

Just an idea I thought I would throw out. If you guys wanted to run with it, go right ahead. If you feel that this post needs to be deleted, by all means do so.

Just my $.02.
Thanks for reading,
Rob

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
I think that's a great idea! Especially for the more commonly asked questions about riugh idle, trans issues, etc. I think if I had a known symptom (i.e. rough idle) it would be great if I could read some of the possibilities for curing the problem. I was thinking of doing that for the car problems I've experienced on my website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts